Succeeding Through Succession
Mike Anderson, The Andersons
Jennifer Hildebrand, The Trust Company
Tommy Pipatjarasgit, Magic Wok
Audience questions may be hard to hear. The questions are below.
- What are the pros/cons of using a committee to make decisions?
- If you have two presidents, and Dad doesn't like the idea, how can you convince him to go with your idea?
- How do you move forward as a 2nd generation? What is the impact on taking risks?
- How do you select board members?
- How do you handle the transition between generations and who gets what? Between participating and non-participating family members?
- The Andersons has only lost money once in its history. What do you attribute that success to?
- What is the impact of wearing multiple hats?
- Are you still a family business if you go public?
- How do you identify and keep traits to maintain your culture?
- How do you go from being a peer to a boss?